Monday 5 March 2012

today is the day

I like all those motivational movies where the little guy wins, where the underdog succeeds where the impossible struggle seems possible.. today I'm focusing on those.

I'm also a fan of those videos where you see what humans are truly capable of, people that have dedicated there life towards something and you get to see them at their peak, videos of trial bike riders, free running, rock climbing. I mention this is because it has become increasingly clear that my so called dream life is not in fact what I thought it was and I need to work on making it my dream life and not what society deems as a good life...

my first small step that I took today was deleting my Facebook account, it's something that I've talked about for a long time and now feel like I should actually do. all the time I spend wandering around cyberspace that used to be spent on Facebook can now be utilized doing other more productive, healthier things.

I'm also going to make a point of not gripping so much about petty things, whining about how I"m not the person I want to be, I've fallen into a rut, where I'm far to egocentric, I think the world of blogs, Facebook and social media sites are all pushing the culture in this egocentric direction, and I fear that even by writing this I'm guilty of a moral solipsism. I don't want to live a life where the only validation is given through others reflecting there life from yours, I'd like to not require external evaluation, to know that I am living a good life.

That is why today is the day; because a new leaf is turned. and steps are taken in a new direction... albeit really small steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment